Generally, people lose about 100 strands of hair per day. If it’s more than that, you should start questioning yourself about thinning hair-hair loss to find the real cause. Because it may be a sign of disease or abnormality in the body. The hair falls out until the hair on the head looks thin. It can be caused by many reasons, such as heredity, which is found in both women and men. But it mostly occurs in men because of the influence of testosterone.
Currently, there is a way to treat “thinning hair – hair loss” using LED light technology and laser to stimulate the growth of hair follicle cells. Helps reduce some types of hair loss and thinning hair problems.
Normally there will be 50-100 strands of hair that stop growing and fall out per day, but in some conditions it may cause more hair loss than normal, such as a genetic history, hair loss, thinning hair, baldness that has been inherited from parents. Mother after giving birth Chronic illness, blood loss, use of certain medications malnutrition and mental stress
What causes hair loss?
Dr. Sakuni Niranwichaya, a specialist in dermatology at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, stated that in medicine Hair loss is divided into hair loss without scarring. (non-scarring alopecia) and hair loss with scarring (scarring alopecia) for factors that cause hair loss It is divided into external factors and internal factors that trigger abnormal hair loss.
External factors that cause hair loss and thinning hair
- Use of certain drugs, such as immunosuppressants, chemotherapy drugs, blood thinners, anticonvulsants, certain types of blood pressure lowering drugs, drugs to treat osteoarthritis and arthritis. Some antidepressants Acne medicines that contain vitamin A, birth control pills
- Fungal infection of the scalp
- Radiation from cancer treatment
- The scalp has been injured from being pulled, pulled, or scratched, causing wounds.
- The hair has been pulled continuously for a long time, such as from sticking hair, tying hair, braiding the scalp.
- Chemicals in hair perming, dyeing, and coloring products
- Hair that is exposed to high heat from hair straighteners or sunlight causes the keratin in the hair to be destroyed. Hair is therefore easily brittle and easily falls out.
Internal factors that cause hair loss and thinning hair
- Hair loss due to heredity and hormones (Androgenetic alopecia, AGA) is most often found in males. It can be caused by passing on dominant genes on the body’s chromosomes. and multifactorial inheritance from many genes combined with environmental factors. (multifactorial inheritance) makes the scalp more sensitive to the hormone DHT. dihydrotestosterone (DHT) causes hair to atrophy and fall out easily. Have a shorter lifespan than normal Most of the symptoms will begin to show from the age of 18-25 years and will fall more as you age. The way to notice is that the hair in the front and middle of the head will become thinner and there is a family history of hereditary baldness.
- Alopecia areata (AA) is caused by a malfunctioning immune system. Causes the cells around the hair roots to become inflamed. until unable to produce new hair
- Hair loss from body stress or severe illness (Telogen effluvium) occurs when the body has a severe illness, whether mental or physical. As a result, hair in the telogen phase falls out faster and more than usual. Hair usually falls out after about 3 months of illness. Illnesses that trigger this type of hair loss include high fever, dengue fever, and accumulated stress. Acute changes in hormonal levels, which are often seen in mothers after giving birth. Hair loss after giving birth, etc.
- Hair-pulling condition caused by psychological problems (Trichotillomania)
- Autoimmune disease SLE/DLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Discoid Lupus Erythematosus)
- abnormal thyroid hormones
- Certain nutritional deficiencies such as iron deficiency, protein deficiency, rapid weight loss, vitamin D deficiency, https://ufabet999.com etc.
- congenital hereditary disease that causes abnormal hair formation
- Some infectious diseases, such as syphilis
Tips for taking care of thinning hair
The first tip is if you have abnormal hair loss. You should immediately see a doctor. To find the cause clearly first Because sometimes If you find the cause and treat it directly. It will solve the problem of thinning hair quickly or if the cause is genetic and hormonal thinning hair. The sooner you receive treatment, the better. The more you don’t waste the opportunity to make your hair come back strong.
In males who have problems with hair loss and thinning hair, the doctor may recommend taking finasteride. (finasteride), which is a drug that blocks the activity of the enzyme 5α-reductase, causing the level of DHT in the scalp to decrease. Reduces shedding and stimulates the creation of new hair. You should take it continuously for at least 6 months. If you stop using the medicine, hair will usually fall out again within 4-12 months.
As for the side effects that are found but not often, they are decreased sexual desire and the penis is not erect (approximately 1.2 -1.8%) And another thing to note is that if it is necessary to donate blood. You should refrain from taking medicine for at least 1 month because the medicine can still remain in the body. It can cause birth defects in the fetus if the person receiving the blood is a pregnant mother.
Minoxidil scalp cream stimulates hair growth. In most cases, treatment results will begin to be seen after 6 months of continuous use. If you stop using the medicine, hair loss will gradually return within 4-6 months. Side effects that may be encountered include skin irritation. or have hair growing on the face
If you are found to have vitamin D deficiency or iron deficiency, it is recommended that you take medication under the guidance of your doctor. Because these two vitamins If eaten in excessive amounts May accumulate in the body and cause toxicity to the body.
As for dietary supplements and other natural extracts that helps accelerate hair growth There are some medical reports. But the treatment results are still unclear. (controversy) such as biotin, zinc, ginseng, butterfly pea, horsetail, ginkgo biloba, etc.
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) light technology, such as LED light and laser, to revitalize the scalp and stimulate hair growth.
Hair transplantation by surgically drilling the hair follicles in the occipital area This is an area that is rarely affected by hormones. Then move the hair roots and plant them in the desired area.
Hair care: Use a shampoo that is gentle on the hair and scalp. And avoid activities that harm the hair, such as perming, straightening, using high heat on the hair, etc.